REPORTS TO: School Administrator
To create and maintain a successful learning environment for all learners to feel successful, understood, appreciated, and loved, while offering the fullest spiritual, intellectual, physical, and emotional development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The statements on this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by all incumbents. Incumbents may perform other duties as assigned.
* All teachers must be Christian role models.
* Teachers show lesson planning that contains state standards (TEKS), Biblical integration, and curriculum objective.
* All teachers participate and show interest in the total school program by attending school functions, parents’ meetings, extracurricular activities, fund-raising events, etc.
* Teachers participate in all staff development, training, and in-service for their assignments, with a minimum of 12 hours earned in outside workshops specific to their teaching assignment, and in line with the school improvement plan.
* Teachers will show grades for a minimum of 10 assignments, and 2 quiz/test for each 6 week grading period.
* Teachers will maintain a professional relationship with all parents that include effective communication of student progress.
* Teachers will attend staff meetings when called by administration.
* Teachers will hold a valid Texas teaching certificate.
* Teachers agree to all other duties as assigned by administration, i.e. before school care, dismissal, special programs.
* Teachers will maintain a professional personal appearance.
* Teachers will work to educate all students to the fullest of their spiritual, intellectual, physical, and emotional development.
* Teachers will maintain confidentiality in regards to student, parent, and school matters.
* Commitment to Weatherford Christian School Statement of Faith
* A four year undergraduate degree
* Maintain a valid Texas Teaching Certificate
* A minimum of 3 years teaching experience
* Hold active membership in a Church
1. Teacher must be able to move around the building while accompanying students. This may involve climbing stairs, walking a distance from classroom and navigating walkways and emergency exits.
2. Teachers must be able to write on whiteboards and prepare bulletin boards between 4-7 ft. in height so that students in all areas of the classroom can see the necessary information.
3. Teachers must have sufficient vision to allow for active supervision and interaction with students.
4. Able to demonstrate lesson concepts using white boards, media, verbal and written communication. Teachers are required to prepare evaluation reports, fill in records and communicate with parents in writing and by phone.
5. Teachers must be able to supervise students inside and outside of the classroom
6. In emergency situations, must be able to quickly assess the situation and summon help quickly. Can apply minimal first aid.
The typical work environment for the Teacher position involves both classroom and outside activities. Classroom as typically operated in an air conditioned environment; however external activities may take place in hot humid conditions or cold/wet conditions depending on the season.