Dear WCS family,
I trust that this letter finds you well rested and fully enjoying a little family time. I hope that you have had the opportunity to travel to the mountains, the beach, or a foreign country or maybe even partake in a stay-cation and just relax at home. I had the opportunity to travel with my family to Branson, MO and Ruidoso, NM for some much needed rest and relaxation and cooler weather! Now that we have had a bit of rest it is time to once again focus on the upcoming school year. I am very excited about this year and the possibilities that lie ahead for both you and me individually as well as WCS.
With this in mind, there are a few things that I would like to share with you as we wind down the summer. First, the school calendar that you may have received last spring has been revised slightly. Those calendars should be available online or in one of the school offices very soon. However, there are a few dates that you might want to go ahead and mark on your calendars:
- The start of school has moved to the 17th of August (this is part of a change that will allow us to finish the first semester before Christmas and the school year before Memorial Day).
- Elementary Open House/Meet the teacher will be on August 15th at 6:30. Mr. McClure will have more details about that evening as the time draws near.
- Secondary Open House will be on August 29th beginning at 6:30. This is a change from the past, but I hope that it will prove to be beneficial as it will give both the teachers and the students a couple of weeks to acclimate themselves to their new schedules and each other. This should further provide an opportunity for an initial update for you as parents on the initial progress and behavior of your student.
- Secondary students will have the opportunity to pick up their schedules on the afternoon of Thursday, August 11th from 1:00-3:30 at the secondary campus. This will also be the time for those students to choose their electives for this school year.
- New student orientation for the secondary campus (for all 7thgraders and any new student to WCS) will be on the morning of Thursday, August 11th from 10:00-11:00 am at the secondary campus.
- Prayer Walk…I would like to invite all of our WCS family to what I hope will become an annual event. I have tentatively scheduled a prayer walk for both campuses on Friday, August 12th. More details to come…
I am looking forward to meeting everyone, so I hope that you will make plans to attend your child’s open house. Also, please be on the lookout for opportunities to volunteer and make a difference in the lives of every WCS student. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enjoy the rest of your break!!